How To Use LinkedIn for Agency New BusinessMar 11, 2021
LinkedIn is the largest professional social network in the world with over 722 million users worldwide (more than 29 million in the United Kingdom!).
It’s safe to say that no matter who your ideal clients are, they can be found on this social network.
Want to learn how to use LinkedIn to drive new business?
Optimise Your Agency’s Profile
You probably have a LinkedIn business profile already. But is it optimised to attract the clients you want?
Here’s what you should pay attention to:
- Your logo and your background image need to look professional and convey your personality and tone of voice.
- Your Headline - a strong, eye-catching headline can really make a difference. This article has some great tips.
- Description of what you offer. This is your sales pitch so make it compelling. Don’t talk about what you do, talk about how the client will benefit from it. How will working with you make their life better/easier?
- Call to action. Okay, so a potential client just read your sales pitch, what do you want them to do next? Call you? Email you? Send you a message via LinkedIn? You need to make it clear what the next step is.
What’s important here is that you come across as someone who can deliver tangible results for your clients.
Create a Content Schedule
You need to post quality content consistently if you want to build a following on any social media platform. LinkedIn is no exception.
Of course, that is easier said than done, which is why it’s so important to create a content schedule and stick to it.
Here’s how you can create a content schedule for a month:
- Create a document with 30 LinkedIn posts that include industry news, interesting articles, valuable resources, etc. Note that video content tends to do well. Mix in a bit of personal stuff, opinions and questions.
- Vary your content with document posts, images, videos, text and articles.
- Use an app like Buffer or Sprout Social to schedule these posts and automatically publish them on your agency’s profile.
- Analyse the performance of these posts. Which ones did well? Which ones fell flat? Adjust your approach accordingly.
Once the month is over, rinse and repeat.
Having a content schedule like that will help you stay consistent.
Engage With Other People’s Content
You also want to network with other people in your network.
Make sure that you follow all the key players and regularly engage with their content - commenting and sharing their posts.
You need to consistently provide value over an extended period of time without asking for anything in return.
That’s the only way to build trust and create real connections.
Make Sure That Your Sales Pitches Are Thoughtful And Personal
If you are going to approach people via LinkedIn messaging make sure that your messages are thought through - no one likes spam!
- Reference something about that person (e.g. their social media post, blog post, etc.).
- Explain how you can help them fix a specific problem that they have - here's a great example of a successful approach.
- Offer to have a quick 15-minute call to talk about it in more detail.
Show them that you have done your research and that you respect their time.
LinkedIn can be a great source of new business.
However, if you want to use this platform to grow your creative agency or digital agency, you need to take it seriously.
Optimise your profile, regularly post high-quality content, and build relationships in your industry.
Ultimately, it all boils down to adding value, so focus on that.
Yes, it’s hard work, but it will pay off!
Don't miss a thing!
Free weekly newsletter packed full of new business tips delivered to your inbox. No fluff, no hype, just pure goodness!
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.